Home ◆ Projects ◆ CV ◆ About ◆ Contact
Thank you for wanting to know more about me. I last updated this website on January 18, 2021.
My name is Liz. I'm a 23-year-old female front-end web developer who was born in Cuba and has been living in the US state of New Jersey since the age of 3. I love making and fixing websites - static ones especially - and know some programming languages and game design thanks to school. I am fluent in Spanish and English and studied French in high school and university. On my own time during middle school I mainly studied German. Now I'm back to studying German and am attempting Polish for the first time.
In May of 2019 I graduated magna cum laude from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ with a Bachelor of Arts degree in information technology and informatics (ITI). I minored in digital communication, information, and media (DCIM) and earned a certificate of game production and innovation. In July 2019 I got my first full-time job as a Junior Web Producer and was promoted to Web Producer in March of the following year.
Things that make me happy outside of my main passions include watching anime, playing video games, drawing, listening to videos or livestreams, being with my close family and our parrotlets, and hanging out with the love of my life, Andrew.
- 1997 - 1999 - Born in Santa Clara, Cuba to my hardworking and studious mother and father, a green-eyed nurse and a brown-eyed electrician, respectively. I'm a spoiled only child and the only little girl in my immediate family. My paternal grandfather, a high school professor, taught me to appreciate nature, art, and good grammar.
- 2000 - 2001 - Came to the USA. Learned English watching cartoons on TV. I did not go to pre-school.
- 2002 - Began my K-12 education.
- 2003 - 2009 - Some time between these dates, my family bought our first computer, my first laptop (Windows XP OS), and my PS1 and PS2. I joined my first online community, DeviantArt, and watched my first anime, Ginga Densetsu Weed. I also got glasses and braces.
- 2010 - Got my first drawing tablet, the one I still use today. I also became a foreign language nut after listening to Nena's "99 Luftballons" and picking up a Hippocrene German-English dictionary at my school's library. I also tried learning violin for a year.
- 2011 - 2012 - Finished my longest fanfiction about a horror game to positive reviews on DeviantArt.com and Fanfiction.net. Kiwi, our first parrotlet, was brought home. His girlfriend, Lilie, followed soon after. Hurricane Sally marked the beginning of the worst moments of my life.
- 2013 - Had my first programming class as a junior in high school. Created my first game in Visual Basic and my first website on Weebly about WWII history. Our birds had two babies, Maya and Kiko! Sadly, Kiko passed away when he was 8 months old. I got my braces taken off and had my Quinceañera/ Sweet 16 in Cuba, and this was the last time I visited my birth country.
- 2014 - Mellon, Maya's boyfriend, was brought home.
- 2015 - Graduated high school as 5th in my class. Started university planning on majoring in something with computers. Mellon and Maya had four babies, Bonbon, Yema, and two twin boys!
- 2016 - Passed my driver's test on the first try. I struggled to enjoy Computer Science, my major at the time, and switched to Information Technology and Informatics.
- 2017 - Got to help make a WordPress website for the Church-Based Mental Health Services program of a non-profit called Churches Improving Communities. My interest in web development and design skyrocketed that year, and I made many of the websites on my portfolio. Maya passed away this year, and we found the twins new homes. Andrew and I met this year.
- 2018 - Created a blog and portfolio website from scratch and started my YouTube channel.
- 2019 - Graduated from university with a BA degree in ITI and - to my surprise - got my first real job in my field and bought my own car. Decided to take my personal hobbies in a different direction, rebranded, and ended my 2018 blog and YouTube Channel.
- 2020 - We lived through a pandemic, and I worked remotely for the first time. I was promoted to Web Producer. I also decided to merge my brand identities and give online content creation a new shot. Our beloved Kiwi passed away in November at the age of 8 years and 9 months.