Hello! My name is Liz Lorena Berberena. (Hint: my middle name and surname rhyme.) I am a female bilingual Cuban-American front-end web developer, self-taught digital artist, and writer. I graduated magna cum laude from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ in May 2019 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in information technology and informatics, a certificate of game production and innovation, and a minor in digital communication, information, and media. In July 2019 I joined a company full-time as a Junior Web Producer.
Currently I am mostly focusing on my full-time job, but on the side I'm practicing my coding and design skills by creating premade website themes and doing various art projects.
I am introverted, punctual, and meticulous. In my free time I enjoy watching anime, playing casual games, and pursuing my artistic interests. I am fluent in Spanish and English and know some French and German. My family and my parrotlets are my life.
- #4639a5 / rgb(70, 57, 165) (Ultramarine)
- #08aca2 / rgb(8, 172, 162) (Jade Sea)
- #f7535d / rgb(247, 83, 93) (Pink-Red)
- Favorite CMS: WordPress
- Main Browser: Firefox Quantum: Developer Edition
- Favorite Static Host and Generator: Github Pages and Jekyll
- DNR and Paid Hosting Provider: Namecheap
- IDE(s): Sublime Text and Cloud9
- Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
- 1997 - 1999 - Born in Santa Clara, Cuba to my hardworking and studious mother and father, a green-eyed nurse and a brown-eyed electrician, respectively. I'm a spoiled only child and the only little girl in my immediate family. My paternal grandfather, a high school professor, taught me to appreciate nature, art, and good grammar.
- 2000 - 2001 - Came to the USA. Learned English watching cartoons on TV. I did not go to pre-school.
- 2002 - Began my K-12 education.
- 2003 - 2009 - Some time between these dates, my family bought our first computer, my first laptop (Windows XP OS), and my PS1 and PS2. I joined my first online community, DeviantArt, and watched my first anime, Ginga Densetsu Weed. I also got glasses and braces.
- 2010 - Got my first drawing tablet, the one I still use today. I also became a foreign language nut after listening to Nena's "99 Luftballons" and picking up a Hippocrene German-English dictionary at my school's library. I also tried learning violin for a year.
- 2011 - 2012 - Finished my longest fanfiction about a horror game to positive reviews on DeviantArt.com and Fanfiction.net. Kiwi, our first parrotlet, was brought home. His girlfriend, Lilie, followed soon after. Hurricane Sally marked the beginning of the worst moments of my life.
- 2013 - Had my first programming class as a junior in high school. Created my first game in Visual Basic and my first website on Weebly about WWII history. Our birds had two babies, Maya and Kiko! Sadly, Kiko passed away when he was 8 months old. I got my braces taken off and had my Quinceañera/ Sweet 16 in Cuba, and this was the last time I visited my birth country.
- 2014 - Mellon, Maya's boyfriend, was brought home.
- 2015 - Graduated high school as 5th in my class. Started university planning on majoring in something with computers. Mellon and Maya had four babies, Bonbon, Yema, and two twin boys!
- 2016 - Passed my driver's test on the first try. I struggled to enjoy Computer Science, my major at the time, and switched to Information Technology and Informatics.
- 2017 - Got to help make a WordPress website for a non-profit called Church-Based Mental Health Services. My interest in web development and design skyrocketed that year, and I made many of the websites on my portfolio. Maya passed away this year, and we found the twins new homes.
- 2018 - Created a blog and portfolio website from scratch and started my YouTube channel.
- 2019 - Graduated from university with a BA degree in ITI and - to my surprise - got my first real job in my field. Decided to take my personal hobbies in a different direction, rebranded, and ended my 2018 blog and YouTube Channel. Got my very own car and further solidified my plans for the future.